Saturday, January 16, 2010
El fin de la semana!
I simply MUST document a commercial I saw today: The opening shot was a split screen of a girl and a guy talking on the phone. As I watched the girl suddenly express frustration of some kind, and throw the phone off of the screen in a rage, my initial thought was that it was an ad for a show of some kind. The scene then cut to an office building, where a woman walks past a man sitting at his desk. While walking, she dumps an entire file of papers onto his head. The final shot shows the woman taking pills, which I came to realize were the subject of the advertisement, and immediately feeling relief in a visually specific and indicated region. I have lots I could say about my reaction to this commercial, but my surprised laugh was good enough to get my thoughts across to Papi at the time :)......so you can take that how you wish too! More later, but this was too good to forget, and I have a feeling I'm going to need plenty of sleep for my first visit to a Costa Rican church in the morning (and maybe afternoon?) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm still kind of confused as to what the commercial was really about...was this a medicinal commercial?
ReplyDeleteHaha! Yeah, it was basically the Costa Rican equivalent of Midol....but they either seem to have a lot more confidence in their medication, or are just a lot more comfortable talking about women withOUT the medication! Either way, they've got the miracle pill...tell your friends! :)
ReplyDelete