Saturday, March 13, 2010

2 Days 'til Cuba!

Wow, how time flies! I apologize for being out of touch for the last two weeks, but that's basically testament to what my life was like here! :) We hit the ground running after our "spring break," because within these past 9 days, we completed 3 whole credits more of college stuff...at least I think; I'm not entirely sure how the grading works yet. And along with that, we finished up our last bit of our Spanish classes with a final oral presentation on Thursday and a "graduation" yesterday (I got a certificate and everything!). It's been a lot of work, especially while trying to balance out spending time with my family too- who are totally the coolest...I'm having so much fun with them!!- but now we're on to the next step....

Monday morning, bright and early (6:30 am), our group of the 13 literature students head for Cuba! I'm sooooo excited about our trip, because we're going to be doing/seeing pretty much everything that's possible within our 10 days: museums, dances, performances; talking to artists, writers, poets...I'm not even exactly sure what's on the schedule! And of course, along with that is a lot more reading and journaling and reflecting that we're responsible for. Whew, it's gonna be great...literally a once-in-a-life-time opportunity, but it's gonna be a lot too! :) And then? When we get back on the 25 of March, I'll have two days here with my family in San Jose, but then it's off to another part of Costa Rica: Grecia. That's where I'll spend my last four weeks before heading back to the States...yeah, it's almost kinda over! It's weird to think about it...but obviously there's a lot to come in that short time!

I know this is kind of a short update, but I'm gonna go find something to eat and give my computer a break...she's been working hard lately too! :) Michael and Brenda should be home soon, and then off to youth worship at the church! :) Man, it's going to be hard to leave here! Last night I was out with Michael and Brenda and two other couples from the church. We went BOWLING, then ate at Pizza Hut, and played Wii Sports....until 2:30 in the morning! How cool is that? Anyway, same deal goes with Cuba as in Nicaragua...no communication (obviously...it's Cuba), so don't worry....I'll be in touch when I get back! I love you all! :)

2 comments:

  1. hey maegan, what's your skype info? send it to me on facebook, i have a new mac and we could chat now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maegan! I hope you are loving CUBA! Sounds awesome. You are there and I'm in Istanbul at the moment. I can't wait to see you again and catch up on all our adventures. Love you!

    ReplyDelete